Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Antsy Tuesday


Bing Clip Art Images

This is how I felt most of today.  Mom had outpatient surgery on her right foot for a "Cyst" and a bone spur.  This is her third operation on one of her feet by the same doctor, who does an amazing job, but I am still in panic mode anytime she goes into surgery.  I know she will be fine, but I don't like that I don't have my dirty little paws on her to make sure she is alright.  I trust this doctor, but hey, it is my mommy!!!!


Mom tries to make it fun each time she goes in for an operation on her feet.  She draws on the foot that will be operated on.  This time she drew a zipper.

She had me write "Unzip Here".



She highlighted it in pink.  Mom said that our doctor and his staff got a kick out of the drawing.  Mom also drew the zipper exactly where they made the incision.

Right now mom is back in bed after getting up for five minutes.  She isn't feeling to good but she should be able to take some pain meds here shortly.  I did get a wonderful shot of her as they wheeled her in from surgery but I think she may kill me if I posted that picture, and I do want to live!!!


Image from Bing Clip Art
I will leave it for now because this is what is waiting for me at home, something to help me relax.  Have a great night and I will keep you all posted!

6 comments:

  1. Glad your Mom made it through surgery okay and is on the road to recovery. I love her sense of humor.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve Mom's sense of humor! Clever too! Did the wine help? What is your favorite? red? white?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great sense of humour......glad everything went well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious! Hope she heals quickly and the zip comes back in her step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad your mom came thru the surgery well...keep us posted on her progress. Relax and enjoy that glass(es) of wine :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. how funny, the zipper I mean. Please give Mom a big hug for me. I had foot surgery when my daughter was 2 years old. Not fun. I was not fast enough on crutches to keep up with her so I hopped everywhere which I think is why one of my hips has been messed up for years. I didn't know how much my foot was going to swell!! OMG, and my feet are big already!
    My husband called me "Yetti" for 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...