Saturday, March 10, 2012

Completed Donation Necklaces - Warrior Woman



Mom and I were asked if we would donate a piece to the 9th Annual Purdue Cancer Center Benefit hosted by the Purduettes.  Both of us were beyond flattered to be asked to donate a piece.  We decided to donate two necklaces.  Mom asked if I had any ideas and I said no, I just knew I wanted to have an enameled pendant, our beads and some ribbon.  Thank goodness for mom and her ideas.

Warriors in Pink by Ford

Mom did some research for ideas on pendants and she came across an image that Ford is using.  Mom sent an email asking if we could have permission to modify their Warriors in Pink symbol for the silent auction piece.  We received permission, and we went to town.

Here are the completed necklaces:

Warrior Woman 1


This necklace has our enameled pendant, lampwork beads, pearls, Sterling Silver spacer beads, Viking Knit with freshwater pearls.


The pendant colors are: black, transparent purple and transparent pink, and transparent browns.  You can sort of see a blush of pink on her cheeks.




We used 26 gauge pink wire from Parawire to weave the Viking Knit and then we used pink freshwater pearls to weave through the Viking Knit.


Close up of the beads I made to add to the necklace.  I used a base transparent pink with pink frit.  We used pearls and Sterling Silver spacers as accent beads.


Another image of the first Warrior Woman necklace.  I love how all the different components came together to create this piece.


Warrior Woman 2


This necklace has our enameled copper pendant, lampwork glass beads, enameled copper oval pendants, Mookaite, seed beads, Sterling Silver spacers and silk ribbon.


The pendant colors are: white, transparent pinks, purples and oranges.  Again I like the blush around her cheeks.




Different looks of the enameled copper ovals, ribbon, Mookaite and Sterling Silver spacers.


A close up of one of the beads I made out of white glass and pinks, purples and orange frit.


I hope you enjoyed the private showing before the silent auction at the end of the month.

3 comments:

  1. You and your Mom sure designed such amazing necklaces!!! I am really amazed at how you created the enameled focal just for this event. And the viking knit is beautiful, especially with the addition of the pearls. I know they will be sought-after pieces in the auction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys just make magic together!!! Stunning stunning work love the copper and pink together - makes them both sing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...