Saturday, April 20, 2013

Focus on Life Week 16 - The Flood of 2013


Hello all - this week's Focus on Life prompt was Go for Walk.  I have to admit I did not do any walking this week because we had a monsoon come through our area.  I think it has been raining and storming for the last week and I am sure not walking when it is like that :) Though today the sun was out even if it was a lot cold.  Mom and I decided to go across to West Lafayette to Tapawingo Park, where the show Art on the Wabash is held in September.  Here are the pics we took.

Here is a swing set and play area under water

Here is an image of where our tent would be in the park - way over by that tree
where the yellow arrow is pointing.
 
Love this pic of the bike down hill sign going into the water
and the right arrow sign
 
Geese having fun swiming in the river

Lamp Posts with water all the way up on the trails that
go down the river
 
Love the pic of the branches against the sky

Cloud formations were awesome
 
This gives you an idea on how high the water is - both of these are bridges
one is a train bridge and the other a car bridge

Cracked stone on the pedestrian bridge

Cracked stone on the pedestrian bridge

I hope you enjoyed the walk through the "Flood of 2013" with me.  Please head on over to Sally's blog to see a list of everyone else who is participating in this week's Focus on Life.

12 comments:

  1. Omigosh! It feels like it's been raining forever here (today it's SNOWING!!) but at least we are high and it all runs off into the lake. Hope your home and belongings are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Yikes. That was some walk - I even got a little nervous. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, such a lot of water. Too bad it has taken away a great place to gather and play. Hopefully the water will recede soon.

    I love the photos of the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. Its always disheartening to see photos of natural disasters. I hope you and your family are ok,

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that is quite a walk! I can't believe all the flooding!! hope you get some sun to warm things up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, have to be careful walking there right now, eh? It will be that in western MN in a few weeks, they have tons and tons of snow, literally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what a terrible flood. You captured the beauty of the aftermath though. I like the photo of the sky through the trees where the light is breaking through and the one of the little flower in the pavement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my! there have been so many floods worldwide recently, the UK has had theie share too! wonderful pics - thanks for inviting us along :)
    have a great week!
    no. 18 on the list

    ReplyDelete
  9. Floods can be so devastating. You captured it beautifully though. It's good to find the humor like the signs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its amazing how much damage a flood can create. I really like the cement cracks and the tree in the sky photos. Hope everyone and their homes are safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look at your pictures and can't even imagine. I can't imagine that much water! Glad you and your mom are safe - and what a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - that's a pretty huge flood you had there! But you did capture it quite well. I love the last photo of the flower in the stone pavement - way cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...