Thursday, May 7, 2015

More Spring Flowers - And is it a Weed?


This past weekend mom and I stopped at the hort park to take more flower images. This is my favorite time of year when all the flowers are slowly appearing.


I know mom can become frustrated with her images. She shakes a lot now while holding the camera/phone. I am thinking we need to get out her old tri-pod and jerry-rig something to hold the camera/phone for her to take pictures. She still takes amazing images though - I think she has a much better eye than I do!


My favorite - the daisy! I just love they white and yellow together. They look so peaceful and I love how the petals fall every which way.

Now for the question - is it a weed or something beautiful hidden as a weed?



The dandelion - most people see it as a weed. I bet you were like me when I was kid - I would blow the seeds of the dandelion and make a wish. I would run all over the yard picking these up and have fun blowing at them and watching the seeds blow away.

But did you know that the Dandelion is the official "Military Brat" flower? I actually just found out about this in the last few years. For the first 12 years of my life I was a military brat. I had so much fun being able to travel and make new friends all over the world.

So - do you still see this as a weed or something special now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...