Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Things We Have Worked on the Last Few Months

Gray beads used in the Superstition Blog Hop
Yes - I have been slacking on posting what mom and I have been creating. Like I said in a previous post I just have not been blogging like I should. It just seems so much easier to post things to Instagram than to get out here and write.

Beads made for fun - a project that we didn't
end up completing.
I have missed writing and mom says she misses seeing what I write about. So, trying to get better at posting again. It is like muscles that haven't been used in a long time - they are sore and don't want to work right. Or, like riding a bike - fall over - get back up and start again.

Sugar beads I made for the Sugar Skull pendant
The sugar beads posted here are beads I love to make - they look like candy. Plus I love the texture of the beads.

Koi plate
Mom was able to saw out three new plates in September. I love, love, love how they turned out. Mom does have some mad sawing skills!!!

Sugar Skull butterfly
 
Sugar Skull Owl
I am so in love with these two Sugar Skull pieces. Mom and I found a coloring book that had different types of Sugar Skulls - she took the patterns and then tweaked them for us to create enameled copper plates. Mom really, really, really does have some awesome skills. I think I will  keep her!!!!



I think we were on a Sugar Skull making kick. I really wanted to make another Sugar Skull pendant - hadn't made one in several years. I wanted to make bright and fun colors and I think we did it with this piece. Here you can see the sugar beads with the Sugar Skull. Mom and I went to our favorite bead store and found the accent beads we used in the piece - they were colored wood beads. I really love how this piece turned out!

These were made into earrings and I plan
on posting to the Etsy shop this week

Kokopelli pendant sold at a show

Celtic Cross - on Etsy

Kokopelli pendant - mom and I have
a plan for this piece.

Shell pendant on Etsy
Now that it is winter mom and I are moving the sawing stuff into the computer room. There are a few ideas for pieces I have kicking around in my head - so will share once they are completed. So, who knows what else I will come up with to blog about - that is what is exciting about this - never know what is going to be talked about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...